Use this Clinical Assistant job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Clinical Assistant responsibilities include:
- Creating a positive experience by welcoming and assisting clinic patients
- Preparing patient files by obtaining personal and health information
- Maintaining patient data records for evaluation and health insurance purposes
We are looking for a Clinical Assistant to join our team to help create a positive experience for our patients whenever they visit our facility.
Clinical Assistant responsibilities include welcoming patients as they enter our facility, obtaining patient information before their appointment and sterilizing equipment throughout the facility.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients to process information before appointments and assist our Physicians during procedures as needed.
- Perform minor diagnostic tests and procedures as directed by healthcare professionals
- Promote patient safety by maintaining a clean and hygienic environment
- Mediate between patients and healthcare providers
- Guide patients through the clinic’s various facilities and procedures
- Set up and stock examination and procedure rooms
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Clinical Assistant or similar role
- Experience with clinical procedures such as specimen collection and diagnostic testing
- Ability to record, monitor and report a patient’s condition to professional personnel
- Knowledge of healthcare practices, standards and medical terminology
- Relevant training and/or certifications in Clinical Assistant
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Clinical Assistant do?
- A Clinical Assistant ensures that patients get high-quality service by assisting doctors with patient care, basic diagnostics tests and record keeping at healthcare facilities.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Clinical Assistant?
- A Clinical Assistant typically focuses on receiving patients and screening them for necessary procedures. They will also interview patients, take vital signs (like temperature), and help Physicians through various procedures.
- What makes a good Clinical Assistant?
- A good Clinical Assistant must have strong people skills since they work directly with a wide variety of patients with different physical and emotional needs. They also need to have good communication skills to share sensitive information with patients throughout their shift.
- Who does a Clinical Assistant work with?
- A Clinical Assistant helps a range of healthcare professionals like Physicians in the healthcare facility to provide excellent patient care.