Use this Chiropractor job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates.
Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Chiropractor responsibilities include:
- Working with patients to identify health concerns and create a plan for treatment or management
- Using tests, such as x-rays or ultrasounds, to better understand a patient’s condition
- Administering holistic treatments, such as spinal manipulation, adjustments, massage and hot and cold compresses
We are looking for a Chiropractor to join our team and help patients who suffer from muscle, nerve and bone injuries, especially in their back and neck.
Chiropractor responsibilities include assessing a patient’s physical condition, ordering tests and creating a customized treatment plan to help relieve their patients from ongoing pain and discomfort.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients to deliver extended care and pain management solutions.
- Consult with patients about their medical history and reason for their visit
- Create a plan of care that focuses on the patient’s overall health and wellbeing
- Assess the patient’s spine, posture and reflexes to provide the appropriate treatment
- Perform neuromusculoskeletal therapy by adjusting the patient’s spine and other joints
- Provide patients with tips to improve their lifestyle, including nutrition, exercise plans and stretches
- Keep detailed records of patient information, conditions and treatment plans
- Attend conferences and workshops to stay current with development in Chiropractic care
- Refer patients to other doctors or specialists as needed
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Chiropractor or similar role
- Strong communication and active listening skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of neuromusculoskeletal injuries, conditions, and treatments
- Understanding of stretches, exercises, therapies and dietary changes that may help patients manage their overall health
- Ability to analyze patient conditions based on observations and medical tests
- A commitment to providing the best possible care
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Chiropractor
Frequently asked questions
What does a Chiropractor do?
A Chiropractor uses their hands and small instruments to apply controlled force to joints and muscles to alleviate pain in their patients.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Chiropractor?
A Chiropractor will have a variety of duties depending on the needs of their patients, but they typically assess a patient’s medical condition and provide a personalized treatment plan to help alleviate ongoing pain in their patients.
What makes a good Chiropractor?
A good Chiropractor must have excellent communication skills, as they need to understand the needs of their patients and share treatment options when applicable.
Who does a Chiropractor work with?
A Chiropractor will work with several medical professionals, such as a Registered Nurse, to ensure their patients receive the medical treatment needed.