Use this Child Care Provider job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Child Care Provider responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the safety of children in your care
- Developing an effective cleaning plan to ensure all areas are sanitary and safe
- Creating educational and fun activities for the children
We are looking for a Child Care Provider to join our team and help us care for children staying in our childcare facility.
Child Care Provider responsibilities include overseeing the basic schedule of children, conducting various educational activities, and supporting other staff members as needed.
Ultimately, you will work directly with children to help them develop through educational and socializing activities.
- Keep up-to-date records of children’s development, routines, and interests
- Develop and monitor schedules to ensure that children have enough rest, physical activity, and playtime
- Prepare and serve meals
- Assist children, individually or in groups, with lesson projects and homework
- Maintain excellent verbal and written communication with parents and guardians
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Child Care Provider or similar role
- Valid CPR and First Aid certifications
- Must have a caring and compassionate attitude
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Child Care Provider
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Child Care Provider do?
- A Child Care Provider assists children with their homework, prepares meals for the group, and creates lesson plans to keep things interesting so children learn and grow while in their care.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Child Care Provider?
- A Child Care Provider makes sure that children are safe and well-cared for under their supervision. They help prepare meals, organize snacks, or mealtime seating arrangements so parents and guardians don't have to worry about anything when they arrive back home.
- What makes a good Child Care Provider?
- A good Child Care Provider must have excellent communication skills, as they work with children throughout the day, to ensure children understand what they are taught and follow directions as needed.
- Who does a Child Care Provider work with?
- A Child Care Provider will work with many professionals like Teachers to ensure a child receives the best education possible