Charge Nurse Job Description
A Charge Nurse is a medical professional who provides care for patients and oversees everything that takes place in a specific ward of a healthcare facility.
Use this Charge Nurse job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates.
Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Charge Nurse responsibilities include:
- Coordinating daily administrative duties, including schedules, nursing assignments and patient care
- Recording patients’ medical records and monitoring vital signs
- Supervising nursing staff and overseeing their needs
We are looking for a Charge Nurse to join our team and provide excellent care for our patients while supervising nursing staff in the ward of our healthcare facility.
Charge Nurse responsibilities include providing guidance and support to staff, maintaining a clean working environment and directing nursing staff.
Ultimately, you will work with a team of nurses to ensure patients receive the care and attention they need throughout your shift.
- Oversee patient admissions, transfers and discharges
- Mentor and train new staff while providing support and guidance to all staff members
- Monitor medical charts and administer compassionate care and assistance to patients and families
- Liaise with doctors and administrators and communicate any protocol changes to staff
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations
- Record and maintain accurate reports
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Charge Nurse or similar role
- Excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Compassionate with sound judgment and problem-solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and medical software systems
- Ability to handle stress and long shifts
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Charge Nurse
Frequently asked questions
What does a Charge Nurse do?
Charge Nurses ensure that everything runs smoothly and efficiently, giving patients access to quality care throughout their stay in an ICU or critical care setting.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Charge Nurse?
A Charge Nurse is responsible for overseeing patient care, staff management and the day-to-day operations of a specific department or nursing unit in a healthcare facility.
What makes a good Charge Nurse?
A Charge Nurse must have excellent communication skills, as they work with many professionals throughout their shift. They also need to have good organization skills since they oversee patient care and need to keep track of several patients at a time.
Who does a Charge Nurse work with?
A Charge Nurse will work directly with patients as needed, and they manage several Nurses in a specific unit within a healthcare facility.
Hiring Charge Nurse Job Description
Post this Charge Nurse Job Description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.