Use this Care Manager job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Care Manager responsibilities include:
- Creating and updating personalized care plans for patients
- Collaborating with patients' families, friends, and social supports in developing treatment plans
- Identifying and recruiting high-quality healthcare providers
We are looking for a Care Manager to join our team and build individualized care plans for our patients.
Care Manager responsibilities include collaborating with the family of patients, monitoring patient recovery, and helping patients gain access to different health providers as needed.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients to help them improve their quality of life while in our health facilities.
- Interact with healthcare providers to facilitate patients’ treatments
- Ensure patients’ treatment requirements are met
- Suggest alternative treatment plans when patients’ services requests do not meet medical necessity criteria
- Instruct and educate patients on procedures, healthcare provider instructions, and referrals
- Link patients to social services programs and entitlements such as transportation assistance and translation services
- Conduct regular follow-ups with patients to evaluate progress, promote continuity of care, and ensure improved health outcomes
- Maintain records of case management activities
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Care Manager or similar role
- Proficient with Healthcare Management Systems and Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to travel locally
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Care Manager
Frequently asked questions
What does a Care Manager do?
A Care Manager creates personalized care plans for patients while they are in a hospital or health facility.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Care Manager?
A Care Manager has many responsibilities, such as interacting with healthcare professionals to ensure their patients receive the care they need and educating patients on various procedures they will undergo.
What makes a good Care Manager?
A good Care Manager must have excellent communication skills since they work directly with patients to help them understand different procedures and build a custom health plan for them.
Who does a Care Manager work with?
A Care Manager will work with many professionals like Doctors to ensure their patients receive the medical care needed based on the personalized health plan they create.