Care Coordinator job description
A Care Coordinator is a trained healthcare professional who helps to manage the patient's condition and oversees the patient’s treatment plan. They monitor and coordinate treatment plans with patients in order to educate them about their illness and connect them with various medical professionals as needed.
Use this Care Coordinator job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Care Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Consulting with patients and family members to discuss their health problems
- Educating patients about their condition, medication and giving them specific care and treatment instructions
- Developing a care plan to address patients’ personal health care needs
We are looking for a dedicated Care Coordinator to assist us with patients at our facility.
A Care Coordinator’s responsibilities include consulting with patients and determining their needs, developing an individualized plan of action that includes coordination from all parties involved in order to provide the best possible patient care.
Ultimately, you will have a compassionate nature, be knowledgeable about health care practices and provide exceptional customer service to assist patients in handling their illness.
- Develop and coordinate healthcare programs
- Communicate between staff, patients and family
- Handle patient case management and education
- Recruit and train staff and create schedules
- Develop patient goals and monitor progress
- Maintain patient confidentiality and quality care
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Care Coordinator or similar role
- Highly organized with a strong ability to manage different priorities
- Ability to work with others and use resources to problem solve
- Apply good judgment to fast-changing situations
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Medical assistant certification preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Care Coordinator do?
A Care Coordinator ensures patient navigation, management and support by coordinating with other staff members to provide quality care for every patient under their care.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Care Coordinator?
A Care Coordinator is responsible for the well-being of their patients. They typically work with a patient’s pharmacy, Doctors and Registered Nurses to ensure their patients receive the medication and care they need.
What makes a good Care Coordinator?
A good Care Coordinator needs to have excellent communication skills since they work with patients, doctors and other medical staff. They also need to have strong leadership skills to ensure they can guide individuals through medical decisions to ensure the overall health and well-being of their patient’s health.
Who does a Care Coordinator work with?
A Care Coordinator works with many health professionals like Doctors and Registered Nurses to ensure their patients receive proper care and attention.
Hiring Care Coordinator job description
Post this Care Coordinator job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.