Use this Car Salesperson job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Car Salesperson responsibilities include:
- Converting showroom visitors into customers by understanding their needs and interests and matching them to the most appropriate car
- Understanding the characteristics, capabilities, and features of all cars and providing the potential customer with detailed information
- Taking customers on test drives and demonstrating vehicle features
We are looking for a Car Salesperson to join our team and help our organization sell more vehicles, maintenance plans, and warranties.
Car Salesperson responsibilities include educating customers about different vehicles and features and helping communicate information to customers face-to-face.
Ultimately, you will work directly with customers to help our organization sell more vehicles and service plans.
- Build a rapport with potential customers to improve the possibility of a sale in the future
- Maintain a customer database and communicate with them
- Assist customers with completing the relevant paperwork required for a successful sale to be processed
- Maintain reporting structures and recording sales and inventory on our CRM software
- Collaborate with team members to reach sales targets
- Assist with the set up of showroom and promotional displays
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Car Salesperson or similar role
- A professional appearance, friendly manner, and positive attitude
- The ability to be competitive while maintaining the client’s best interests
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service and negotiation expertise
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Car Salesperson
Frequently asked questions
What does a Car Salesperson do?
A Car Salesperson sells cars and trucks to customers for personal or professional use.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Car Salesperson?
A Car Salesperson has many responsibilities, such as explaining features and warranties to customers on the showroom floor. They also answer customer questions about financing and the purchase process.
What makes a good Car Salesperson?
A good Car Salesperson must have excellent customer service skills since they work directly with customers throughout their shift to answer questions and sell vehicles.
Who does a Car Salesperson work with?
A Car Salesperson will work with many professionals, like Auto Mechanics, in the dealership to help answer customer questions.