Use this Car Detailer job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Car Detailer responsibilities include:
- Cleaning vehicle interiors and exteriors in compliance with all company standards and client requests
- Operating buffers, steamers, hoses, vacuums, and other equipment to meet service expectations
- Using cleaning, protective, and restorative agents to maintain and enhance the appearance of vehicles
We are looking for a Car Detailer to join our team and provide excellent customer service while performing exceptional car cleaning services for our customers.
Car Detailer responsibilities include cleaning vehicles according to the needs of our customers by performing detailed inspections, washing, and buffing to restore the appearance of the vehicle to company standards.
Ultimately, you will work with a small team of Car Detailers to ensure each vehicle is cleaned according to our organization’s quality standards and the request of our customers.
- Perform inspections and keep complete, accurate records of the vehicle’s condition
- Move and park vehicles, deliver vehicles to correct locations, and pick owners up if needed
- Manage inventory and reorder supplies
- Respond to client inquiries and fulfill their requests
- Clean the interior and exterior of vehicles using a variety of products and methods
- Apply protective finishes to the exteriors of our customers’ cars
- Perform inspections to ensure that each step of the cleaning process has been completed
- Answer any questions that customers have about their car detailing
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Car Detailer or similar role
- Attention to detail with excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position, including walking, crouching, bending, and standing for extended periods
- Willingness to comply with all company policies and uphold standards for service quality
- Availability to work weekends and holidays
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Car Detailer
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Car Detailer do?
- A Car Detailer works to remove any dirt or grime from a client’s car, ensuring it's in perfect condition for their customers.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Car Detailer?
- A Car Detailer has many responsibilities, such as inspecting the vehicle, washing the interior and exterior, and keeping records of the work ordered and completed.
- What makes a good Car Detailer?
- A good Car Detailer must have excellent attention to detail to ensure they clean the inside and outside of the vehicle to restore the car to pristine condition.
- Who does a Car Detailer work with?
- A Car Detailer will work with many professionals, like a Shift Manager, who will set the schedule and ensure customers receive excellent service.