Use this Boilermaker job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Boilermaker responsibilities include:
- Installing boilers into facilities for their customers
- Reading blueprints for location, position and dimensions
- Completing maintenance documentation as needed
We are looking for a Boilermaker to join our team in installing, constructing and maintaining boilers.
A Boilermaker’s responsibilities include casting and shaping metal pieces, testing boilers and maintaining the operation of boilers to match the needs of the environment and their customers.
Ultimately, you will assemble various parts to make sure that they work in various environments based on the needs of their customers.
- Organize and assemble boiler parts
- Shape and fabricate parts
- Clean pressure vessel equipment
- Inspect equipment for proper functioning
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Boilermaker or similar role
- Good mechanical aptitude to install and maintain boilers
- Excellent reading comprehension to interpret blueprints and other documentation
- Physical stamina to complete required tasks throughout their shift
- Relevant training and/or certifications in Boilermaking
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Boilermaker do?
- A Boilermaker is a trades professional who works in a variety of environments to build, install and maintain boilers in residential, commercial and industrial buildings like power plants.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Boilermaker?
- The responsibilities of a Boilermaker will vary based on the requirements of their job site. Still, they are typically responsible for installing and maintaining boilers and vats that hold liquids or gases.
- What makes a good Boilermaker?
- A good Boilermaker needs to be physically fit since they lift heavy objects throughout the day. They also need to have experience reading complicated drawings and blueprints to ensure each boiler is installed and maintained correctly.
- Who does a Boilermaker work with?
- Boilermakers typically work in small groups with other Boilermakers and other trades professionals to complete their tasks. They are supervised by General Managers to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.