Use this Biologist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Biologist responsibilities include:
- Researching, identifying, classifying and studying plants, animals and ecosystems
- Collecting samples, taking measurements and photographing or sketching organisms
- Observing organisms to learn more about their diets, behavior and impact on their surroundings
We are looking for a Biologist to join our team and conduct research and experiments to gain a better understanding about different biological organisms in nature.
Biologist responsibilities include performing a variety of tests, taking measurements and collecting samples to understand how organisms interact with their environment.
Ultimately, you will work with various organisms to understand how they reproduce, behave and communicate in nature.
- Develop and conduct research on the relationships of organisms in specific environments
- Study characteristics of animals such as their species interaction, diseases and movement patterns
- Analyze the effect of human activity on ecosystems
- Collect biological data and specimens to analyze
- Monitor and manage wildlife populations and invasive plants and animals
- Write research papers and articles explaining their findings
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Biologist or similar role
- Strong understanding of biology, chemistry and laboratory equipment and procedures
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Willingness to travel to locations to conduct research
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with computers, especially scientific databases
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Biologist
Frequently asked questions
What does a Biologist do?
Biologists are the scientists that study humans, plants and animals. They might conduct their research at a cellular level or in an ecosystem.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Biologist?
A Biologist will have many responsibilities, such as conducting research, collecting samples and performing tests to understand how different organisms interact with their environment.
What makes a good Biologist?
A good Biologist must be a creative thinker to understand how different organisms interact in the environment. They must also have good organizational skills, as they will conduct several experiments at a time.
Who does a Biologist work with?
A Biologist will work with many professionals like a Data Scientist to help interpret and understand the results of experiments throughout the year.