Use this Assistant Project Manager job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Assistant Project Manager responsibilities include:
- Supporting the coordination and management of projects
- Communicating with stakeholders regarding project needs and goals
- Contributing to the planning and development of projects
We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join our team and support the organization while providing oversight on projects within our organization.
Assistant Project Manager’s responsibilities include coordinating with different departments to ensure projects are completed on time. This role is also responsible for performing administrative tasks such as preparing invoices, building estimates and scheduling meetings as needed.
Ultimately, you will work with various teams and stakeholders to monitor project progress and provide oversight to ensure projects are completed promptly and within budget.
- Research information to support other teams and departments as needed
- Perform administrative tasks such as preparing invoices, estimates, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Keep track of and report on project progress
- Complete any tasks assigned by the Project Manager in an efficient and timely manner
- Perform other duties assigned by the Project Manager orderly and efficiently
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Assistant Project Manager or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management software
- Highly organized and able to multitask and oversee several projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Assistant Project Manager
Frequently asked questions
What does an Assistant Project Manager do?
Assistant Project Managers ensure that projects run smoothly from start to finish by helping with planning and execution. They often work on larger, complex tasks to assist more experienced Project Managers or closely collaborate with another team member who can provide guidance when needed.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Assistant Project Manager?
An Assistant Project Manager has many duties, but they typically focus on assisting in the organization and implementation of projects. You will help coordinate tasks, deliverables and data analysis, as well as administrative duties such as setting up meetings or drafting invoices to ensure that everything goes according to plan.
What makes a good Assistant Project Manager?
A good Assistant Project Manager must have excellent communication skills since they work with several teams and departments throughout a project. They must also have good organizational skills to manage several projects at the same time and ensure all aspects of a project are completed on time and within budget.
Who does an Assistant Project Manager work with?
An Assistant Project Manager will work with different departments to ensure a project is completed promptly, and they are typically supervised by a Project Manager.