Use this Arborist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Arborist responsibilities include:
- Meeting with clients to discuss their landscaping needs
- Assessing soil and space requirements for new trees
- Planting new trees or woody plants
We are looking for an Arborist to join our team and maintain and plant trees for our clients.
An Arborist’s responsibilities include pruning trees, removing dead trees, and working with clients to understand their needs.
Ultimately, you will work directly with clients to address their needs with woody plants and trees on their property.
- Identify and treat diseased trees
- Trim tree branches and prune trees
- Test and maintain soil conditions
- Apply specialized tree fertilizers
- Apply pesticides if necessary
- Remove dead or unwanted trees
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Arborist or similar role
- Knowledge of soil biology and fertilizer compositions
- Familiarity with climbing equipment
- Ability to operate handsaws and mechanical devices
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at heights
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Arborist
Frequently asked questions
What does an Arborist do?
An Arborist plants, maintains, and diagnoses shrubberies and trees.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Arborist?
An Arborist has many responsibilities like planting new trees and identifying and treating diseased trees.
What makes a good Arborist?
A good Arborist must have an excellent knowledge of tree biology and tree anatomy to ensure trees and shrubs are healthy throughout the year.
Who does an Arborist work with?
An Arborist will work with many professionals like a Landscaper to identify what trees need to be added or removed from an outdoor area to meet the needs of their customers.