Use this Admissions Director job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Admissions Director responsibilities include:
- Helping colleges and universities explain admissions guidelines, processes, and requirements
- Assisting in the admissions decision-making process by evaluating student applications
- Providing students, parents, and guardians with information regarding admissions requirements and processes as needed
We are looking for an Admissions Director to join our team and lead the admissions department while promoting our organization to prospective students and families.
Admissions Director responsibilities include working with potential students to determine their eligibility and improving the admissions process as needed to help our organization grow.
Ultimately, you will work with students and officials within our organization to promote and improve our admissions process.
- Engage in the recruiting process by planning, coordinating, and overseeing promotional events, campus tours, student interviews, and other admissions activities
- Review and interpret student information, including test scores, extracurricular activities, and grades
- Communicate changes, statistics, and other information to the school president, registrar, and department heads
- Direct, hire, and coach admissions staff members
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Admissions Director or similar role
- Experience with specific schools may be a plus
- Ability to analyze and interpret information
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, networking, and verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Admissions Director
Frequently asked questions
What does an Admissions Director do?
An Admissions Director establishes and promotes the admissions process at a college or university.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Admissions Director?
An Admissions Director has many responsibilities, such as assisting in the admissions process when needed and working with the recruitment teams to ensure the college executes enough admissions activities throughout the year.
What makes a good Admissions Director?
A good Admissions Director must have excellent communication skills, as they work with many different departments and teams throughout the organization.
Who does an Admissions Director work with?
An Admissions Director will work with many professionals like a Campus Recruiter to ensure the admissions and recruitment teams are working together throughout the year.