Use this ABA Therapist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
ABA Therapist responsibilities include:
- Observing patient behavior and applying ABA principles
- Seeking interventions for behavioral and developmental challenges
- Educating patients and their families in helpful activities
We are looking for an ABA Therapist to join our team and help our patients identify and address problematic behaviors with various intervention techniques.
ABA Therapist responsibilities include interviewing patients, performing observations, and helping patients build a plan to address problematic behaviors.
Ultimately, you will work directly with autistic patients to help them identify and address problematic behaviors, so they can integrate into society better.
- Customize treatment plans for individual patients
- Provide feedback to patients
- Communicate with parents
- Recognize critical improvements in patient behaviors
- Stay up-to-date with the latest ABA-related information, techniques, and developments
- Keep detailed records of treatments and improvements
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an ABA Therapist or similar role
- Experience working with patients suffering from Autism and development issues
- Expertise in working with children
- Strong communication, time-management, and organizational skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an ABA Therapist
Frequently asked questions
What does an ABA Therapist do?
An ABA Therapist helps autistic children and adults uncover the causes of certain behaviors and helps them build a plan to address those behaviors as needed.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an ABA Therapist?
An ABA Therapist has many responsibilities, such as observing patients, intervening with behavioral and development challenges, and helping patients build a plan to address those problematic behaviors.
What makes a good ABA Therapist?
A good ABA Therapist must have excellent communication skills, as they need to communicate with patients who have difficulties understanding direction and correcting problematic behaviors.
Who does an ABA Therapist work with?
An ABA Therapist will work with many professionals like Physicians to ensure their patients receive the medical attention and care they deserve.