Video Game Designer job description
A Video Game Designer is a professional who is responsible for creating the rules, characters and stories of new games. They use computer programming languages like C# or Java in order to write code and produce video games for their organization.
Use this Video Game Designer job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Video Game Designer responsibilities include:
- Creating innovative games for entertainment or education purposes
- Conceptualizing and developing characters, rules, settings and stories for new games
- Pitching new game ideas to executives and clients
We are looking for a Video Game Designer to join our team and assist us with designing and developing video games for our customers.
Video Game Designer responsibilities include managing a team of programmers, developing design and gaming protocols and ensuring the quality of the final product.
Ultimately, you will work with various departments and teams to help define, produce and publish video games throughout the year for our organization.
- Managing multiple teams and projects
- Prototyping new games and updating stakeholders on progress throughout development
- Following industry trends and best practices
- Monitoring work and cash flows
- Developing design and gaming protocols
- Performing quality control to ensure the final product meets organizational standards
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Video Game Designer or similar role
- Enthusiasm and knowledge of the industry
- Relevant certification in programming languages
- Portfolio of sample projects
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Video Game Designer
Frequently asked questions
What does a Video Game Designer do?
A Video Game Designer is in charge of imagining almost everything about a video game, including its plots and characters. They meet with different teams to create the vision for their cohesive story-driven experience.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Video Game Designer?
A Video Game Designer has many responsibilities, such as conceptualizing and developing characters in a video game, pitching new game ideas to stakeholders, and managing multiple teams to ensure the final product is delivered on time and within budget.
What makes a good Video Game Designer?
A good Video Game Designer must have excellent creative skills to direct the vision of a video game. They also need to have good communication skills since they work closely with multiple teams and departments throughout the planning, production and release of a video game.
Who does a Video Game Designer work with?
A Video Game Designer will work with many different professionals like Programmers to ensure all code in a video game meets specifications for the final product.
Hiring Video Game Designer job description
Post this Video Game Designer job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.