Use this Fundraiser job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Fundraiser responsibilities include:
- Organizing fundraising events and working with volunteers
- Writing funding proposals and sending these to potential sponsors
- Creating marketing and promotional activities
We are looking for a Fundraiser to join our team and help our organization develop fundraising programs to meet our fundraising goals throughout the year.
Fundraiser responsibilities include recruiting sponsors and volunteers, leading promotional activities and maintaining relationships with current donors.
Ultimately, you will work with a group of volunteers to identify potential donors while also interacting with our organization’s leaders to find opportunities to help us reach our financial goals.
- Develop fundraising events to help raise money throughout the year
- Maintain records of sponsors for annual outreach efforts
- Organize campaigns that will lead to donations
- Train volunteers to support outreach efforts
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Fundraiser or similar role
- Experience in a fundraising position
- Creativity and persuasion skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Relevant training and/or certifications in Fundraising
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Fundraiser do?
- A Fundraiser plans events and campaigns to raise money, awareness about your needs for donations or other resources as needed throughout the year.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Fundraiser?
- A Fundraiser will have several duties throughout the year depending on the needs of their organization, but they typically oversee volunteers, build fundraising programs and lead communication with donors.
- What makes a good Fundraiser?
- A good Fundraiser must have excellent communication skills since they work with a range of staff members, organizational leaders and donors throughout the year. They also need to have good organizational skills to keep accurate records for various programs and initiatives.
- Who does a Fundraiser work with?
- A Fundraiser works with a large group of volunteers to accomplish outreach, and they are typically supervised by the Nonprofit CFO to ensure they reach their fundraising goals each year.