Use this Concrete Laborer job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Concrete Laborer responsibilities include:
- Designing and building forms
- Setting up the forms
- Pouring concrete
We are looking for an experienced Concrete Laborer to join our team, where they will be responsible for designing and building concrete forms with construction machines or hand-mixing tools.
A Concrete Laborer’s responsibilities include focusing on pouring concrete, but they may also be required to apply stains like sealants and waterproofing after finishing concrete.
Ultimately, you will work with other construction experts on various job sites to pour concrete and construct various types of concrete structures as needed.
- Use wire mesh to reinforce the concrete
- Spread and smooth concrete
- Mold expansion joints and edges
- Use stains or colors to add the finishing touch
- Add small stones or other materials for decoration
- Apply waterproofing and sealant to protect the concrete work
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Concrete Laborer or similar role
- Ability to perform strenuous tasks with hands
- Ability to kneel, bend and lift heavy materials
- Ability to measure accurately and read specifications
- Relevant training and/or certifications in Concrete Labor
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Concrete Laborer do?
- A Concrete Laborer ensures concrete is poured correctly through accurate placement on-site with various forms needed on the construction site. They also apply various products to add color, waterproof and shape concrete as needed.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Concrete Laborer?
- A Concrete Laborer will have responsibilities based on the construction project’s needs, but they typically pour, mix and place concrete as needed. They may also be required to repair concrete structures or apply finishing coats to concrete structures.
- What makes a good Concrete Laborer?
- A good Concrete Laborer must be in excellent physical condition since they perform strenuous tasks throughout the day. They also need to have good communication skills to share information with other construction workers on the job site.
- Who does a Concrete Laborer work with?
- A Concrete Laborer typically works with a small team of other workers to complete a given task. They are supervised by Construction Managers who ensure projects are completed on time.