Use this Statistician job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates.
Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Statistician responsibilities include:
- Interpreting statistical models and numerical data to help organizations plan and make decision-making processes
- Liaising with departments to obtain data, including production figures and costs, sales figures, as well as product supply and demand data
- Instructing departments on data submission requirements, including frequency and format
We are looking for a Statistician to join our team and analyze data and improve our organization’s competitive edge by using mathematical data to help make better decisions for planning purposes.
Statistician responsibilities include gathering numerical data, performing statistical analyses and preparing industry reports.
Ultimately, you will work with various departments to assess industry trends and identify opportunities for our organization to improve our processes.
- Create and maintain databases using statistical software programs, such as SPSS, SAS or Stata
- Ensure data integrity by performing rigorous cleaning, error checking and validation
- Analyze data using statistical techniques, formulas and calculations
- Perform statistical tests to determine the reliability and soundness of results
- Contribute to strategic planning by identifying industry trends and preparing forecasts
- Describe, interpret and summarize conclusions
- Present statistical findings to management in reports that include executive summaries, charts, tables and graphs
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Statistician or similar role
- Proficiency in statistical software programs, including SPSS and R, or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods, techniques, formulas and tests
- Exceptional ability to interpret data and analyze trends, as well as preparing industry outlooks and forecasts
- Advanced business operation and industry knowledge
- Ability to liaise with other departments to coordinate data gathering
- Extensive experience in summarizing and presenting findings in reports
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Statistician
Frequently asked questions
What does a Statistician do?
A Statistician collects different types of numerical data to identify industry trends and help organizations make better decisions throughout the year.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Statistician?
A Statistician will need to complete various duties like collecting, analyzing and interpreting data to identify trends and relationships between data points. They may also need to convey their findings to stakeholders within the organization and other departments as needed.
What makes a good Statistician?
A good Statistician must have excellent analytical skills to find relationships between different data points and interpret the data for an organization’s needs. They must also have good communication skills, as they will be required to present information to stakeholders and other leaders throughout the organization.
Who does a Statistician work with?
A Statistician typically works alone as they collect different numerical data, and then they report their findings to the COO and other organizational leaders.