Use this OB-GYN job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
OB-GYN responsibilities include:
- Performing a wide range of tests, including pap smears and pelvic and breast exams
- Diagnosing and prescribing treatments for disorders and diseases
- Conducting routine check-ups on patients
We are looking for an OB-GYN to join our team and work directly with female patients in our medical center to oversee testing, diagnosing and monitoring various issues related to women’s health.
OB-GYN responsibilities include running tests, talking with patients about their medical needs and ensuring their patients are educated about disease prevention and detection.
Ultimately, you will work directly with female patients to provide oversight and direction on various issues related to women’s health.
- Monitor and treat expectant mothers during pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum
- Record medical histories
- Educate patients about disease prevention, detection and reproductive health
- Collaborate with other medical and non-medical personnel
- Keep up to date with current practices and innovations
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an OB-GYN or similar role
- Experience practicing medicine
- Expert diagnostic skills
- Trustworthy and compassionate character
- Impeccable bedside manner
- Strong communication skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an OB-GYN
Frequently asked questions
What does an OB-GYN do?
An OB-GYN provides medical assistance to female patients throughout their lives to ensure they understand how to diagnose and address various issues related to women’s health.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an OB-GYN?
An OB-GYN will have many responsibilities depending on the patient, like running a range of tests including pelvic and breast exams. They also monitor and treat expectant mothers during pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum.
What makes a good OB-GYN?
A good OB-GYN must have an excellent bedside manner since they work with female patients on a wide variety of medical conditions related to women’s health. They also need to have good communication skills so they can share vital information with their patients throughout their evaluation.
Who does an OB-GYN work with?
An OB-GYN will work with many different medical professionals, like Nurses, to ensure their patients receive the medical attention they need.