Use this Sonographer job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Sonographer responsibilities include:
- Ensuring clear images for diagnostic purposes and making adjustments to the sonographic equipment when necessary
- Selecting the appropriate settings and adjusting the patients' positions accordingly
- Monitoring and caring for patients to ensure their safety and comfort during the procedures
We are looking for a Sonographer to join our team and assist our Doctors with diagnosing various medical conditions in patients such as pregnancy, cancer and other diseases.
Sonographer responsibilities include using sonographic equipment to record images of patients and help diagnose a variety of medical illnesses and conditions.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients to provide sonographic procedures in order to better understand patient medical needs.
- Select and examine images, search for differences between healthy and pathological areas and determine if the scope of the exam should be extended based on preliminary findings
- Present the sonograms and preliminary findings to Physicians
- Complete the appropriate documentation and maintain patients’ medical records
- Assist Physicians and healthcare teams during invasive procedures.
- Maintain and clean the sonographic equipment
- Perform medical procedures, such as administering oxygen, taking vital signs and giving emergency treatments
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Sonographer or similar role
- Strong technical, communication, interpersonal and patient service skills
- The ability to explain technical terms in a clear and understandable way
- Excellent eyesight and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, judgment and decision-making skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Sonographer
Frequently asked questions
What does a Sonographer do?
A Sonographer uses imaging equipment and soundwaves to form images of many parts of the body, also known as ultrasounds. They are trained on how to acquire these sonographic pictures which can be used by doctors for diagnosis or treatment purposes.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Sonographer?
A Sonographer has many responsibilities, such as using imaging equipment to evaluate patient needs and helping Physicians diagnose and treat various medical conditions.
What makes a good Sonographer?
A good Sonographer must have an excellent bedside manner since they work with patients suffering from various medical conditions. They must also have good communication skills to provide vital information to Physicians and other medical professionals to ensure their patients receive the care and attention they need.
Who does a Sonographer work with?
A Sonographer will work directly with patients while providing insights to Physicians to ensure their patients receive the best care possible.