Demand Planning job description
A Demand Planner is a professional who uses analytical and sales data to estimate the future demand of a product or service for an organization.
Use this Demand Planner job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Demand Planner responsibilities include:
- Developing effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns
- Supporting management with risk assessments and mitigation activities
- Proposing and implementing solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy
We are looking for a Demand Planner to join our team and ensure that our organization meets future demand to continue operating as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Demand Planner responsibilities include estimating future demand for an organization’s products or services and analyzing inventory flow to build forecasting models.
Ultimately, you will work with leaders within the organization to ensure we can continue to supply consumers based on future demand for our products or services.
- Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies
- Conduct monthly forecast maintenance
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Demand Planner or a similar role
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Demand Planner
Frequently asked questions
What does a Demand Planner do?
A Demand Planner works closely with the sales and marketing teams to produce forecasts and models to estimate the future demand for a product or service.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Demand Planner?
A Demand Planner has many responsibilities, such as developing forecasts to help an organization understand the future demand for a product or service.
What makes a good Demand Planner?
A good Demand Planner must have excellent knowledge of statistical data modeling to help an organization understand what the future demand for a product or service looks like.
Who does a Demand Planner work with?
A Demand Planner will work with many professionals, such as Data Scientists, to help gather and interpret complex statistical data sets to determine the future demand for a product or service.
Hiring Demand Planning job description
Post this Demand Planning job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.