Post this Customer Support Specialist job description template on job boards and careers pages to attract qualified candidates. Feel free to customize job duties and requirements based on your company’s needs. Similar job titles include Customer Support Professional, Customer Support Representative, Member Service Representative and Contact Representative.
Customer Support Specialist responsibilities include:
- Responding to customer queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email or chat
- Identifying customer needs and helping customers use specific features
- Analyzing and reporting product malfunctions
We are looking for a Customer Support Specialist to assist our customers with technical problems when using our products and services.
Customer Support Specialist responsibilities include resolving customer queries, recommending solutions and guiding product users through features and functionalities. To be successful in this role, you should be an excellent communicator who’s able to earn our clients’ trust. You should also be familiar with help desk software.
Ultimately, you will help establish our reputation as a company that offers excellent customer support during all sales and after-sales procedures.
- Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email or chat
- Identify customer needs and help customers use specific features
- Analyze and report product malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users)
- Update our internal databases with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers
- Monitor customer complaints on social media and reach out to provide assistance
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
- Inform customers about new features and functionalities
- Follow up with customers to ensure their technical issues are resolved
- Gather customer feedback and share with our Product, Sales and Marketing teams
- Assist in training junior Customer Support Representatives
Requirements and skills
- Experience as a Customer Support Specialist or similar CS role
- Familiarity with our industry is a plus
- Experience using help desk software and remote support tools
- Understanding of how CRM systems work
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Patience when handling tough cases
- BSc in Information Technology or relevant diploma
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Customer Support Specialist do?
- Customer Service Specialists process complaints and issues related to products or services. To enhance customer experience, they help customers complete purchases, upgrades/returns and frequently provide necessary technical assistance.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Customer Support Specialist?
- A Customer Support Specialist’s responsibilities include introducing relevant and essential information to new customers, providing quality service promptly and developing and maintaining a vast knowledge of the products/services being offered. They are also responsible for conducting surveys on the products or services and communicating customer feedback.
- What makes a good Customer Support Specialist?
- A good Customer Support Specialist has sharp leadership skills, a willingness to help others with problems and strong communication skills. In addition, the ability to work in a high-pressure environment, a good understanding of basic computer skills and the ability to learn how to use proprietary software quickly are also highly beneficial.
- Who does a Customer Support Specialist work with?
- A Customer Support Specialists work directly with customers to resolve various issues. They may work alongside a team of Call Center Representatives to pass on or receive information regarding customer needs.